Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Life is a journey, the gift-giver part 2

Have you heard the saying that when we go to bed at night knowing we did not spare our energy  during the day to make a difference in the lives of others, we are going to have a good sleep? The reason behind is that there is a certain joy that transforms in us interior peace. Peace and joy that cannot be replaced by taking pills to help us sleep.

The gift we received give it as a gift and we'll find true joy that surpasses understanding.



I was thinking of my Christmas day visit to a retirement home where I met Frances (blog: aim for joy not just happiness) and the other elderly. I thought I went there to make others happy but I left the place happier having experienced making someone happy that money cannot buy. The joy I saw on the face of Frances that afternoon is enough for me to realize that when we give part of ourselves to others without expecting any return that is where the magic of joy comes in... We become the gift-giver himself!

The joy of giving is in loving. When we decide to love without expecting to be loved back, we don't only experience peace and joy. We will possess true freedom of heart. The freedom coming from the Master Gift- Giver, Jesus Christ.

You want to be free and find peace and joy?
Be a slave for Christ, there is no other way.
For He says,
"Remain in me that you may have joy and that your joy maybe complete; that in me you may have peace." John 15:10 and John 16:33

I was wondering,  and by the way I usually do,  I try to find few minutes each day to sit back and reflect on how did my day go by, does it matter how long we live? I am convinced that what matters most is how did we spend the life we are given.

Life is a journey, it has beginning and end.

But most of all, life is a gift. When we use our gift as a gift to make a difference in the lives of our less fortunate needy brothers and sisters out there, many of them, I can assure you that an inner transformation will happen and you will experience profound "magic" that would change your life! You will become a messenger of peace and joy yourself.





No comments:

Post a Comment