Saturday, January 26, 2013

It is Time


What lies ahead is not for me to know but to believe
What today may bring is not for me to wonder but to ponder in awe
What makes life worth living is not the the days I am given  
But the time I live it with love and self-giving



Oh how much time  have I wasted
of holding on to the past
Hoping it will last
But as it is, last it did not 

How many time I've turned my thoughts
On possibilities of letting go
For the thought of it alone
Brings pain and breaks my heart

I thought at first
The past I held on was a gift to keep
But now I know, I was wrong
It was not meant to be

And now it's time
To open my eyes
To look ahead and watch
What tomorrow will bring

My faith surely will lead me through
Even it is dark and to a narrow road
For  I see the gleams of light
A hope, a threshold awaiting me at last.

It is time...
Yes, it is time...
Faith will lead me, Hope will take me
To that joy that awaits my spirit
That at last is now free.

 -dan


No comments:

Post a Comment